Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Admission Notice - 2010 Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) IIST Ph.D. Programme February 2011
Courses Offered: Applications are invited from highly motivated candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme starting in February 2011 in the areas of Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics and Physics.
Eligibility: Master’s degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent. However, outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Candidates with Masters Degree in basic science subjects must be NET qualified (JRF) to be considered for the Ph.D. programme.
Age Limit: Applicant should be below 28 yrs as on
19-11-2010. Age relaxation will be as per Govt. of India Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen
Selection Procedure: Selection will be based on a written test followed by an interview.
1. Candidates will be short-listed based on Academic records and other relevant criteria like research experience, National Eligibility Tests, etc.
2. All short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a written test in their relevant areas (Aerospace Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Control System / Physics / Chemistry / Polymer Technology/ Mathematics / Atmospheric Sciences / Remote Sensing).
3. Written test of two hours duration will be conducted at IIST,
during 3rd / 4th week of December 2010. Trivandrum
4. The written test will aim to evaluate the basic understanding of the relevant subject area. The test may contain both descriptive and objective questions.
5. Candidates qualified in the written test will be required to appear for an interview the following day.
6. List of candidates eligible for written test and the dates of written test / interview will be displayed in IIST website by
25th November 2010.
7. Selected candidates will be intimated within a week of the final interview. Results will also be displayed in our website.
8. Outstation candidates will be paid to and fro sleeper class train fare by shortest route, or actual fare (whichever is lower) for attending the test / interview.
How to Apply: Duly filled application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to The Administrative Officer, IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 with the superscription “Application for IIST Ph.D. Programme”. Application form should be accompanied by a fee of Rs. 250/- (Rs. 125/- for SC / ST candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Registrar, IIST payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Last date for receipt of form:
19 November 2010